SP Series 2
The SP Series 2™ DVI converter supports various single link DVI and dual link DVI conversions. Four scalers support a myriad of re-sizing and rotation applications along with area-of interest control, and broad PIP capabilities.
Supports up to 4 single link DVI or 2 dual link DVI inputs
Supports up to 4 single link DVI or 2 dual link DVI outputs
Display Interfaces and Control
- Configurable as 4 x single link DVI or 2 x dual link DVI
- Frame rate conversion; free running, gen-locked, or frame synced outputs. Gen-locked modes provide lowest latency
- Configurable as 4 x single link DVI or 2 x dual link DVI
- 4 x single link DVI output up to 1920×1200 each. Outputs may be configured as 4 vertical stripes or a 2×2 quadrant
- 2 x dual link DVI output up to 2Kx2K each
Remote Interface Control
- Remote interface for both initial setup and operational control
- Commands define the input type and timing
- RS-232, USB, and Ethernet with commands defined in the command line description
Scaling, Combining, Windowing, & Area-of-Interest
- Unlimited, independent horizontal and vertical scaling
- Program image position within a larger background or foreground for each input
- Reverse image left/right or flip top/bottom
- Rotate image 90, 180, or 270 degrees
- PIP performed by mapping each input to a location within the background. Z-ordering priority by input
Optional Video keying
- RGB, Luma, or HSV Keying inside user-defined key area with programmable foreground & background alphas when key is true or false
- Separate user-defined foreground and background alphas outside the key area
Combine 4 different video feeds (inputs 1-4) into a single 1080P video feed
The SP2 DVI converter is used to combine 4 different video feeds (inputs 1-4) into a single 1080P video feed. Each layout is easily configured by a hotkey command, making SP2 ideal for viewing multiple video sources. This can be performed on a SP2_C001.
Rotate and combine 3 different video feeds into a 1080P display
In this example, a SP2 is used to capture 3 different video feeds from a normal landscape raster, rotate and combine to allow a normal landscape 1080P display to be used as a portrait display. This can be performed on a SP2_C001.
Crop or scale 2560×1440 to 1920×1080 (1080P)
In this example, a SP2 is used to either take a 1920×1080 window out of a 2560×1440 image, or down-size a 2560×1440 image to 1920×1080. This allows a standard 1080P TV / monitor to be used to view hi resolution content. This can be performed on a SP2_C002.
Multi-IG Compositor combines 2 single link streams into one dual link DVI stream
In this example, an SP2 is used to ombine (2) image generator outputs into a single dual DVI output for a projector or monitor. This can be performed on a SP2_C005.
Multi-IG Compositor combines 2 dual link streams into one
In this example, a SP2 is used to combine (2) dual link DVI image generator outputs into (1) dual DVI output for a projector or monitor. This can be performed on a SP2_C006.
Taking portion of rotated dual DVI video and displaying on a standard monitor
Using an SP2, take a center portion of a 2560×1600 image, rotate it, and display on a standard UXGA or 1080P monitor. This can be performed on a SP2_C002.
Combining (2) Dual DVI projector feeds for Instructor Operator Station (IOS) monitor viewing
In this example, a SP2_C004 is used to combine a left projector feed and a right projector feed, each 2560×1600. The two video feeds are combined and down-sized for viewing on a 1080P TV.
(Optional Feature) Keying on a video input to combine with 2nd input
In this example, a SP2_C001:Key is used to key a live video feed (in the foreground) over the map graphic (in the background). Using HSV keying, the greenish area (as well as the black, non-active area) becomes transparent, thereby passing the background.
Powerful Configuration Utility
Use Westar’s SP2 configuration utility to define the input timing, output timing, keying scheme (optional feature), and the area-of-interest within the source video and where to map the AOI within the output resolution. The configuration utility supports user-defined:
- Input Timing and Output Timing
- Video Scaling and Area-Of-Interest (AOI)
- “Key” Processing (optional feature)
- Border Colors
- Image Flip (Horizontal and Vertical)
- Image Rotate
|Configuration||Single Link Inputs||Dual Link Inputs||Single Link Outputs||Dual Link Outputs|
|SP2_Cxxx||Contact Us for other configurations|
|Dimensions||1U Rackmount: 19"x13.75"x1.75"|
|Power||IEC Connector, 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz, under 60 Watts|
|Control||RS-232, USB, Ethernet (optional)|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited|
Specifications: Board Only (Embedded Applications)
SP2 DVI Converter Board for Embedded Applications
The SP2 DVI Converter can be ordered in as a board only for embedded applications:
- Physical Dimensions: 200mm x 100mm x 12mm
- Input Power: +12 VDC, 10 Watts
- Control Interface: RS-232, USB, Ethernet
- Video I/O: Single Link DVI or Dual Link DVI
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to +70°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to +100°C
|J2||2 Position Jumper||Board Reset|
|J6||2 Position Jumper||Boot Jumper|
|J11||DF11-04DP||CH1 - EDID RX Interface|
|J13||DF11-12DP||CH1 - TMDS Video Input|
|J12||DF11-04DP||CH2 - EDID RX Interface|
|J14||DF11-12DP||CH2 - TMDS Video Input|
|J15||DF11-04DP||CH3 - EDID RX Interface|
|J17||DF11-12DP||CH3 - TMDS Video Input|
|J16||DF11-04DP||CH4 - EDID RX Interface|
|J18||DF11-12DP||CH4 - TMDS Video Input|
|J19||DF11-20DP||CH1/2 - TMDS Video Output|
|J20||DF11-04DP||CH1 EDID TX Interface|
|J21||DF11-04DP||CH2 EDID TX Interface|
|J22||3 Position Jumper||DDC Source|
|J23||DF11-06DP||DDC 5V Power Output|
|J24||DF11-06DP||DDC 5V Power Input|
|J25||DF11-20DP||CH3/4 - TMDS Video Output|
|J26||DF11-04DP||CH3 EDID TX Interface|
|J27||DF11-04DP||CH4 EDID TX Interface|
The SP Series 2 consists of the SP2 board mounted in a 1U enclosure with universal power supply and cabling for your unique application, including appropriate SL DVI and DL DVI cables.
The SP Series 2 can be ordered in a “board only” configuration if needed for embedded applications.
The SP Series 2 Configuration number defines the cabling, enclosure, and power supply configuration. The ordering number is identified as SP2_Cxxx, where xxx is the Configuration number.
|SP2 Board Only|
|SP2||Board Only||SP2 board only configuration for embedded applications|
|SP2 /Key||Board Only||SP2 board only with Keying|
|SP2_C001||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 4 SL DVI Inputs and 1 SL DVI Output|
|SP2_C002||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 1 DL DVI Input and 1 SL DVI Output|
|SP2_C003||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 4 SL DVI Inputs and 4 SL DVI Outputs|
|SP2_C004||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 2 DL DVI Inputs and 2 SL DVI Outputs|
|SP2_C005||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 4 SL DVI Inputs and 2 DL DVI Outputs|
|SP2_C006||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 2 DL DVI Inputs and 1 DL DVI Output|
|SP2_C007||Enclosed||SP2 configured with 2 DL DVI Inputs and 2 DL DVI Outputs|
|SP2_Cxxx :Key||Enclosed||SP2_Cxxx with Keying enabled|
|SP2_Cxxx :E||Enclosed||SP2_Cxxx with Ethernet enabled|
|SP2_Cxxx :Key :E||Enclosed||SP2_Cxxx with both Keying and Ethernet enabled|