The VP17 LCD Controller is the ideal LCD controller for applications requiring simultaneous viewing of 2 or more inputs. Three input channels are standard, and 1 additional channel can be supported via input mezzanine boards. Each input can be placed in one or more windows within the output active area.
The VP17 can simultaneously display video from up to 4 input ports: 1) the 3G-SDI input, 2) any one of the DVI/RGB/Composite/Component/SOG inputs, 3) the DisplayPort input, and 4) any 1 of a variety of input mezzanine boards.
Standard and custom video formats up to WUXGA
Input resolutions up to WUXGA (DVI/HDMI, DisplayPort, and analog RGB), and up to 1080P (HD-SDI)
Up to 4 input ports processed simultaneously
SDI (typically a video camera) on Port 1. Up to (8) video connections on Port 2, supporting NTSC/PAL (composite and S-Video), component, STANAG, and Computer (DVI / RGB) formats. DisplayPort on Port 3. Optional input from Westar’s input mezzanine portfolio available on Port 4.
LVDS, Parallel, and DVI outputs up to 165 MPixels/sec
Dual LVDS output supports up to 165 MPixels/sec for panels up to WUXGA or 1080P. Single link DVI output for other output devices. Parallel Expansion output for Westar accessories.
Scaling, Rotating, Windowing, and Area-of-Interest Control
Video area-of-interest control, resizing, rotating, retiming, and reformatting
Optional keying with blending
RGB, Luma, or HSV Keying inside user-defined key area with programmable foreground & background alphas
Simulated cockpit displays
Configurable video electronics for simulated cockpit displays
Ruggedized tactical displays
LCD controller for ruggedized tactical displays
With its low-profile design and locking high-density Hirose connectors, the VP7 is ideal for space-constrained displays
Custom display solutions
Perfect for applications that require a configurable lcd controller
Video Combining up to WUXGA and 1080P
The VP17 offers robust windowing for display resolutions with pixel clock frequencies up to165 MPixels/s (eg 1080P and WUGA @ 60Hz). Up to 4 windows may be sized and placed anywhere in the output active area. Window techniques include PIP, side-by-side, and more.
Tactical commands allow real-time update of a window’s source, that source’s area-of-interest, window size, location, rotation, and color adjustments. These commands are particularly useful for tactical displays requiring dynamic windowing. Tactical commands are defined in the VP17 Command Line Description.
Video Output Interfaces
- Supports most single and dual LVDS panels,
- Supports various LVDS pixel mappings, including multiple MSBit/LSBit arrangements, and 3/4/5 channels (pairs) per link
- Single link TMDS output for up to 1920×1200 displays
- Parallel TTL output up to WUXGA. Compatible with Westar output mezzanines.
Video Conversion and Synchronization
- Digitization of computer-generated analog RGB video sources with separate syncs or sync-on-green, non- interlaced and interlaced
- Digitization and de-interlacing of consumer video formats, including NTSC and PAL Composite, component, and S-Video
- Support for custom video formats and specialty formats such as RS-343, RS-170, and STANAG
- Decoding of DVI (TMDS), DisplayPort, and SDI digital inputs,
- Incoming video gain and offset adjustments, fine phase clock adjustment for RGB pixel sampling, and per window YUV and RGB color space adjustments
- Free-running output or genlocked to an input port
Powerful Configuration Utility
The VP17 is configured via a PC application. VP17 Configure Application supports the setup of:
- Output timing/electrical parameters and synchronization method
- All inputs, including a prioritized list of all applicable video input modes that can be automatically detected for each input port
- Up to 4 windows with mode dependent and mode independent parameters such as size, location, and input area-of-interest for each detected mode per window
- Sequences for display initialization, loss of video, and video detection
All parameters are stored in non-volatile memory for automatic operation upon power up. The VP17 Configure application output is a .txt file composed of VP17 commands. This file can be downloaded to the VP17 or saved on a PC.
Scaling, Windowing, and Area-of-Interest Control
- Unlimited, independent horizontal and vertical scaling
- Up to 4 windows with programmable size and position
Rotate video, flip left to right or top to bottom
- Image can be reversed left to right and flipped top to bottom
- Image can be rotated 90, 180, or 270 degrees
Optional keying with blending
An optional keying block supports RGB-keyed alpha blend and other techniques between a key plane and the background plane to form the visual plane. Keying is performed on the foreground layer, with programmable foreground and background alpha values for outside the key area, when key=true, and when key=false)
Automatic Video Input Mode Detection
To support multiple input types and resolutions per input port and multiple windows in an embedded application, the VP17 offers a comprehensive approach for automatic detection, conversion, and windowing of multiple video formats. Each input port can have multiple, prioritized video input modes associated with it.
A mode consists of the input type (DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, CVBS, etc) and video timing. Each input port has a mode selection subsystem to scan for defined modes per a specific input type and sub-channel (such as VGA1), or sub-channel 1 of multiple input types (Auto mode). Windows are linked to a specific input port. Each window can have either mode-independent or mode-dependent size, location, input area-of-interest, rotation and other parameters.
At power up, each port’s mode selection subsystem initiates a scan. Once a mode is matched (either exactly or within pre-defined limits), that video input is displayed in any associated window(s) per the mode’s window parameters (input area-of-interest, window size, window location, rotation, flip, etc).
- Operating: 0°C to +70°C
- Storage: -40°C to +100°C
- SDI up to 1080P60
- RGB (up to WUXGA resolutions @ 60Hz)
- DVI (up to 165 MHz)
- NTSC/PAL (Composite or S-Video)
- DisplayPort up to 1080P
- Single, Dual LVDS up to WUXGA
- DVI (TMDS) up to WUXGA
- Parallel TTL up to WUXGA
- (2) RS-232: Maintenance RS-232 interface fixed at 115kbps for Configuration Application. User RS-232 has programmable baud rate
- Ethernet (via optional Ethernet interface assembly)
The VP17 includes:
- VP17 LCD Controller Board
- Configuration Utility Software
|VP17 /Key||VP17 with optional foreground keying|
Optional Mezzanines and Adapters (ordered separately)
|Board Number||Board Type||Description|
|110681||Input Mezzanine||DisplayPort Input|
|110683||Input Mezzanine||HD-SDI Input|
|110684||Input Mezzanine||LVDS Input|
|110726||Input Mezzanine||DVI Single Link (TMDS)|
|110740||Input Mezzanine||Composite Video|
|110770||Input Mezzanine||Parallel Video|
Optional Ethernet is available via cable assembly with built-in Ethernet port.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us for info on standard and custom LCD controller options and configurations.